This article in US News, http://www.usnews.com/blogs/mary-kate-cary/2009/10/23/anglican-deal-could-lead-to-married-catholic-priests.html, discusses about the Pope inviting “Anglicans who are dissatisfied with their church” to join the Catholic Church and the issue that Anglicans priests are allowed to marry while Catholics priests cannot.
I think that it would be wonderful if the Catholic priests would be allowed to marry, but they would have to start giving salaries to their priests. Right now, priests don’t make money, because the church provides everything to them including housing and food. If they get married, the wives (and possibly children) will have nothing. The article mentions that allowing priests to marry will make scandals less likely to happen. I agree with this because not allowing people to have sex seems a little unnatural to me and marriage will help the priests keep everything under control. I think the Catholic Church originally did not allow priests to marry to prevent their land from being taken by their priests’ wives and children. But if not allowing marriage makes some priests rape people, it’s wrong to let the tradition continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment